Welcome to our support center
This section expects prior knowledge and understanding from the sections indicated below. Please note that these areas are essential to obtaining a successful response and notifying your server upon completion.
- API Overview
- API Key and Merchant ID
- Live Payment Notification (LPN)
- Product APIs
The UpdateProduct API allows the calling server to update products without the need of going into the merchant console. From here the server may then fetch the new records if required.
Please note that the only optional fields need to be included in the message are the fields that need to be updated.
The updateProduct API takes the following parameters.
- merchant_id - The merchant ID that can be found within the merchant console. (Compulsory)
- api_key - The API Key associated with the merchant ID. This is used to authorise and identify the caller of the request. (Compulsory)
- product_id- Product ID (Compulsory)
- prod_name- Product name (Optional)
- prod_rrp- Product recommended sale price (Optional)
- prod_quantity- Product quantity (Optional)
- prod_sale_price- Product sale price (Optional)
- prod_description- Product subscription (Optional)
- prod_minimum_purchase- Product minium purchase (Optional)
- prod_sale_price_aud- Product sale price in AUD (Optional)
- prod_sale_price_cad- Product sale price in CAD (Optional)
- prod_sale_price_cny- Product sale price in CNY (Optional)
- prod_sale_price_eur- Product sale price in EUR (Optional)
- prod_sale_price_gbp- Product sale price in GBP (Optional)
- prod_sale_price_hkd- Product sale price in HKD (Optional)
- prod_sale_price_jpy- Product sale price in JPY (Optional)
- prod_sale_price_sgd- Product sale price in SGD (Optional)
- prod_sale_price_zar- Product sale price in ZAR (Optional)
- prod_sale_price_krw- Product sale price in KRW (Optional)
- prod_sale_price_usd- Product sale price in USD (Optional)
- prod_accepted_url- A URL to redirect to after a customer has made a successful payment (Optional)
- prod_declined_url- A URL to redirect to after a customer has made a unsuccessful payment (Optional)
Example updateProduct API call:
If the API call was successful, it will return a response in JSON format.
API response example:
Below is an example code that will work against a test section of the server. Although this is intended to simulate server behaviour, characteristics and responses are not always the same.
Please note that no transactions will be sent online and the server will not store any information from these requests. For more information on this, please see Testing Without An Account
<?php /** * Function used to make POST requests to the server using SSL. * * @param type $url The API URL that we want to send the request to. * @param type $data POST data that will be sent to the server. * @return false Returns the HTML response as a String. If an error has occured null will be returned. */ function post_to_url($url, $data) $ch = curl_init($url); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $data); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0); $html = curl_exec($ch); if (curl_errno($ch) !== 0) curl_close($ch); return false; curl_close($ch); return $html; //The POST data that will be sent to the server. $postData = array( 'api_key' => 'ida8463534kawhdi347d39h078dt3383', 'merchant_id' => '123E59334B8338', 'product_id' => 'B24C66DC3DC54', 'prod_rrp' => '20.00', 'prod_sale_price' => '20.50', 'prod_sale_price_aud' => '2.00', 'prod_sale_price_cad' => '2.00', 'prod_minimum_purchase' => '5' ); //Make the request to the server $result = post_to_url("https://merchant.cybercompay.com/examples/updateProduct.php", $postData); //If we have encountered an error display something back to the customer. if ($result === false) echo 'We have encountered an error!'; exit; //Print the results. print_r(json_decode($result));